Monday, March 8, 2010
Halfway Houses
Has anyone besides me ever stop and think why the halfway houses in York are located in some of the worse neighborhoods in York. Is that setting them up for failure or what? For instance some of the houses I know of are the one Belvidere and up the street is west princess, one on east Prospect Street which is near Pine Street, and one on south duke street. Men and women come from surrounding areas in hope to become clean and sober and there is temptation all around them. I can’t seem to understand how that is helping them any and I are not saying everyone fails but I’m sure there are a lot that do. I feel if baseball stadiums can be built then why can’t have halfway houses in more decent areas. There probably wouldn’t be a lot of people to comfortable with that idea but let’s face it anything can happen to anyone at anytime no matter how safe you might feel. No one’s saying they have to be like the private resorts but some place nice so they have a greater chance at recovery but I’m sure a lot of things get overlooked due to budgets and importance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment